At Fun Little Foodies, our main goal is to get kids involved and interested in food and cooking. We focus on having fun, getting stuck in, tasting new food and flavours and exploring where our food comes from. Our recipes are nutritious and show the importance and simplicity of using fresh ingredients wherever possible.
Children are encouraged to be as independent as possible and our classes will help develop their social, motor, Literacy and Numeracy skills as well as learning to cook and having lots of fun along the way!
Join us for our online cooking summer school for tweens and teens who want to learn how to cook and move their cooking skills on.
In this intensive course your foodie will learn the basics of food hygiene and cooking as well as learn to cook 10 key recipes over a 12 hour course.
Once the course is complete your foodie will receive a recipe folder with recipes, handy information on cooking basics and a certificate.
The course will include an introduction to:
- Ingredients (availability, origins, dietary requirements & recipes)
- Equipment (what equipment to use, how to use it and any alternatives)
- Skills (how to use a cooker/oven, weighing & measuring and knife skills)
- Food hygiene (safe preparation & storage of foods and the cooking environment)
Recipes will include:
- Homemade granola, yoghurt and berries
- Poached egg, balsamic glazed tomatoes on toast (salmon, ham & bacon optional)
- Spanish frittata
- Pasta primevera
- Cowboy stew with sweet jacket potato
- Halloumi & cashew nut curry with rice
- Lemon Cheesecake
- Chocolate & orange mousse
- Afternoon tea scones
- Portuguese tarts
All classes are held online over zoom with a minimum of 5 participants, multiple children from the same household can join as long as they are of the appropriate age (8+)
Classes will be spread over 3 half days, and the timetable will be:
Monday 13th July 9am to 1pm
Tuesday 14th July 9am to 12.30pm
Wednesday 15th July 12pm - 3.30pm
All recipes can be adapted for dietary requirements. Please email me to discuss at [email protected]
This class is being delivered virtually using Zoom, further details relating to how you join the meeting will be included in the booking confirmation email you receive when you book.